ION Anaheim, CA – The Carl’s Jr. legacy in Southern California is consolidating the operations of its Anaheim office – once corporate HQ – with its operations in Tennessee.
Carl Karcher opened his first restaurant, Carl’s Drive-In Barbeque, in 1945 on what would later become Harbor Boulevard.
The first Carl’s Jr., a smaller version of the drive-in, later opened in downtown Anaheim – with the company’s corporate headquarters opening in the 1970s, on the newly named Carl Karcher Way.
No Junior size company, by 1977, Karcher employed more than 5,000 people, with Anaheim’s growth.
Later, the Karcher family sold its interests in CKE (Carl Karcher Enterprises) Restaurants. Still, the company expanded its footprint in Anaheim, moving to a far larger building on Anaheim Boulevard.
Goodbye from ION Anaheim, it’s been fun. Hello to ION Franklin, TN.